By René Stoppa MD, George E. Wantz MD, Gabriele Munegato MD, Alfonso Pluchinotta (auth.), Robert Bendavid MD, Jack Abrahamson MD, Maurice E. Arregui MD, Jean Bernard Flament MD, Edward H. Phillips MD (eds.)
Abdominal Wall Hernias is the main up to date, finished reference on all elements of hernia fix. The editor, a global popular determine in hernia surgical procedure, has assembled a gaggle of greater than one hundred twenty specialists from sixteen international locations to debate state of the art ways to standard open maintenance utilizing either tissue-to-tissue strategies in addition to using prosthetic mesh, to some of the minimally invasive ways, the fix of recurrent and large hernias, the pertinent anatomy, simple technology, and rising biomaterials. The authors current the whole spectrum of operations and techniques to permit the reader to realize a extensive wisdom of the multifaceted fix of inguinal, groin, and femoral hernias and selected the simplest method. Richly illustrated with greater than seven hundred line drawings and pictures, this textbook is a must have reference for all practising basic surgeons and surgeons-in-training.
Read or Download Abdominal Wall Hernias: Principles and Management PDF
Similar management books
Politics is a life-style in each association. love it or no longer, managers needs to boost political savvy which will prevail as leaders; each interplay has political undertones that impact their functionality within the office. As politicians, managers are referred to as upon to assemble events with varied (and usually competing) agendas, and to illustrate the event, functions, and characteristics essential to remedy difficulties and make judgements quickly.
We've got all skilled paintings stipulations that tax our skill to manage. many folks have skilled those calls for for lengthy sessions of time and feature constructed mental, or even actual, difficulties. such a lot staff may also remember instances after they have handled the strain they have been below at paintings, even popping out enhanced.
- Praxishandbuch des Mittelstands: Leitfaden fur das Management mittelstandischer Unternehmen
- Business Research Methods and Statistics Using SPSS
- Well-Designed: How to Use Empathy to Create Products People Love
- Современный склад. Организация, технологии, управление и логистика
- Oecd Economic Surveys: Mexico
- A Short Course in International Contracts: Drafting the International..
Extra resources for Abdominal Wall Hernias: Principles and Management
153. A Paris, de l'imprimerie de Didot leJeune, imprimeur de la Faculte de medecine, rue des Ma-;ons, Sorbonne no. 13. 30. Rouviere H. Anatomie humaine descriptive, topographique et fonctionelle. Masson Edit, Paris, 1912. 31. Bendavid R The space of Bogros and the deep inguinal venous circulation. Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1992;174:355-358. 32. Tyson RR, Reichle FA. Retropubic femorofemoral bypass: a new route through the space of Retzius. Surgery. 1972;72(3):401-403. 33. Retzius AA. Some remarks on the proper design of the semilunar lines of Douglas.
Like Annandale, he not only divided the external oblique aponeurosis-the roof of the canal-but also transected the transversalis fascial floor as well, while preserving the epigastric vessels. 37 Unfortunately, numerous modifications soon replaced these preperitoneal procedures with suturing of the internal oblique muscle to the inguinal ligament. It took more than 60 years before the Shouldice Clinic reinstituted the modern Bassini and returned the operation to the preperitoneal position. Concern about tension and suture failure, especially with direct and recurrent herniation, led to the introduction of pros- 2.
3-11 While the advantages of autogenous fascia are apparent, and each patient can provide his own perfectly biocompatible tissue with good tensile strength and long-term viability, the disadvantages of these techniques have prevented the use of autologous fascial transplants from becoming more popular. The disadvantages center primarily on the negative aspects of a second operation to harvest the autologous graft, which involves the added operating room time and expense, the discomfort and scar associated with the donor wound, and the potential for surgical complications at the donor site.
Abdominal Wall Hernias: Principles and Management by René Stoppa MD, George E. Wantz MD, Gabriele Munegato MD, Alfonso Pluchinotta (auth.), Robert Bendavid MD, Jack Abrahamson MD, Maurice E. Arregui MD, Jean Bernard Flament MD, Edward H. Phillips MD (eds.)