By Frank Heyworth, European Centre for Modern Languages
Read or Download A Guide to Project Management (Language Learning (Ecml, Graz)) PDF
Similar management books
Politics is a lifestyle in each association. love it or no longer, managers needs to strengthen political savvy as a way to prevail as leaders; each interplay has political undertones that impact their functionality within the place of work. As politicians, managers are referred to as upon to collect events with assorted (and frequently competing) agendas, and to illustrate the event, services, and traits essential to remedy difficulties and make judgements briskly.
Now we have all skilled paintings stipulations that tax our skill to manage. many folks have skilled those calls for for lengthy classes of time and feature constructed mental, or even actual, difficulties. such a lot staff may also keep in mind occasions after they have handled the tension they have been lower than at paintings, even popping out improved.
- When States Go Broke: The Origins, Context, and Solutions for the American States in Fiscal Crisis
- The Overactive Bladder: Evaluation and Management
- Supply Management Research: Aktuelle Forschungsergebnisse 2013
- portfolio management and corporate performance in the banking sector
Extra resources for A Guide to Project Management (Language Learning (Ecml, Graz))
3. How will the project be assessed? Who are your the stakeholders in the project. What assumptions are made at the outset? Are they shared among all stakeholders? 4. What indicators will you use to measure the outcomes? 5. Have you given the project a meaningful, attractive title? How are you going to present it in a convincing way? 6. How is the project team chosen? What steps will be taken to secure motivation, involvement and commitment? 7. Have you worked out a sensible project budget? How are you going to record and check expenditure?
To attempt step two before completing step one is like trying to wax your 1 car before you have washed it. ” Harry Forsha 1 32 Harry Forsha. The Pursuit of Quality Through Personal Change. Milwaukee: ASQC Quality Press, 1992. 8. 8. Approaches to project evaluation Approaches to project evaluation In a way, a project is in itself a form of assessment. ”. 33 8. Approaches to project evaluation This means that you need to decide on how the project is to be evaluated at the outset, not when it’s all over.
It’s often worth doing a glossary. The choice of working languages is crucial – if there’s only one there’s a risk of (a) misunderstanding (b) the project being dominated by native speakers. Translation and interpreting are expensive and time consuming, though, so a compromise solution is usually required. It’s important to be aware of the issues and to build in time for clarifications. 41 10. Managing international projects How will communications be organised? E-mail and the Internet now make day to day to communication easier to organise, but distance makes it even more important to have a clear action plan with proper phases; to plan meetings carefully; to specify deliverables and to keep to them; to be clear from the outset about how outcomes will be assessed.
A Guide to Project Management (Language Learning (Ecml, Graz)) by Frank Heyworth, European Centre for Modern Languages